We are happy to announce that Lunar Linux 1.6.4 is coming closer to a release, 1.6.4-alpha3 codename ‘Lacus Autumni’ is available for testing.
It has been a long wait, but finally a new release is in the works that will correct all the issues installing Lunar using the old ISO’s. We have also decided to remove XOrg and XFCE that was available on the 1.6.2-beta2 release to shrink the ISO size a bit.
Summary of changes:
- Fixes for the RAID MD configuration.
- Improved language menu selection.
- Installation from a USB stick or another media (more information about this later).
- Grub fixes.
- Other minor bugs.
- Adding primary group for a user during installation fails. You must instead run:
groupadd -g GID name
- Booting from software raid is currently broken in this release with no workaround yet.