- About Lunar
The Lunar team proudly announce the release of Lunar Linux 1.6.5-rc1 codename ‘Mare Ingenii’!
This project is still alive and we don’t intend to change that!
While news and updates on our main site may have been next to nil we assure you that the wheels have been turning behind the scenes. The Lunar team have been busy
keeping the modules up to date. The new ISO is also a proof that we are still in the game. Come on and help us test 1.6.5-rc1 and don’t be afraid to give us suggestions on how to make Lunar even better!
- The Lunar team
New features in 1.6.5
- Based on kernel 184.108.40.206 and glibc 2.11.2
- Added support for EXT4 filesystem
- Added option to change preferred /etc/fstab style; UUID, LABEL or device name
- Openssh and screen is now part of the LiveCD to allow remote assistance during install
Summary of changes since 1.6.4:
- Isolinux updated
- All modules refreshed
- Custom compilation of the kernel during install should once again be working
- Pre-compiled kernels now properly generate an install and md5sum log
- Added modules: yasm, gperf, libusb-compat, usbutils, xz, gmp, mpfr, cron-common, logrotate, rsyslog, iwlwifi-3945-ucode, iwlwifi-4965-ucode, iwlwifi-5000-ucode, screen, slang and mc
- Removed modules: mktemp, lard and device-mapper
- Grub2 tarball is available on the LiveCD for manual install
- Fixed a few minor bugs with the installer
- Rsyslog is now the new default syslog daemon