We’re happy to announce the first beta release of a new series of lunar-linux
installer ISO’s. Our new ISO’s will be as easy to install as 1.6.1, but pack an extra punch: This series of ISO’s preinstalls a basic Xfce4-4.4.1 desktop with XOrg-7.2, together with firefox, Thunderbird, pidgin, audacious, gimp and a few [...]
With great pleasure we release “Moose Drool”, also known as the Lunar-Linux 1.6.1 Installer ISO in to the public.
This ISO is partially a refreshed installer for i686, but it is also our first stable ISO for x86_64. The x86_64 installer ISO thus marks the true final entry for Lunar Linux as a multi-arch [...]
With great pleasure we release “Indium Antimonide”, also known as
the Lunar-Linux 1.6.0-i686 Installer ISO in to the public. After
over half a year of work on our first 2.6.x kernel based ISO series,
it is finally ready, and ready it is!
This is a major step forward from the 1.5.x [...]
Here is the third Release Candidate for the final 1.6.0-i686 series
Installation ISO. As with rc1 and rc2, this is a testing release and
approaches the quality we are looking for in the -final release. A
lot of small bugs in rc1 and rc2 have been addressed making this an
Here is the second Release Candidate for the final 1.6.0-i686 series ISO. As with rc1, this is a testing release and approaches the quality we are looking for in the -final release. A lot of small bugs in rc1 have been addressed making this an extremely useful release.
Specifically, this release backups all packages to [...]
Here is the first Release Candidate for the final 1.6.0-i686 series ISO. The major changes in this release are that glibc is now nptl-enabled and the SATA install code has been rewritten to discover more discs properly. The release is based on the installer
code of the 1.5.x ISO series but brings you a [...]
Long overdue, we are proud to announce the first alpha release of the 2.6-kernel based ISO installer. This release is baseed on the installer code of the 1.5.x ISO series but brings you a 18.104.22.168 kernel, udev+hotplug and sysfs natively in the installer.
lunar-1.6.0-i686-alpha1 iso (250M)
Please go and give it some testing and report [...]
Grab it while it’s (really) hot!
The new RC1 ISO of the upcoming 1.5.2 release is now available for download:
out of the blue I’m releasing a new lunar installation ISO RC, named
1.5.1 – “Gallium Arsenide”. Since I’m currently building a i386 version
and the i686 version has not seen extensive testing yet, I am releasing
the current state as RC1.
i686 download (240mb)
i386 download [...]
after 3 weeks of heavy QC, a new lunar installation ISO, named
1.5.1 – “Gallium Arsenide” is released. This is the first release ever where
two different lunar ISO’s are released simultaneously. Once for i686 and one for older (up to i386) machines
IntroductionWelcome to the official Lunar Linux website! Lunar is a source-based distribution for 32 and 64bit Intel or AMD systems with simple, yet powerful package management and system administration tools. If you want a flexible system built from source that is easy to install and maintain, you should try Lunar!
- Alex Neocrust on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Delvenaar on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Ratler on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- oui on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Unni on Lunar Linux 1.7.0-rc2 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Ratler on Service transition
- Anonymous on Service transition
- Demetri Salamander on About me
- engelsman on Handling renamed modules - An idea
- wdp on Handling renamed modules - An idea
- lxappearance-obconf: a lxappearance plugin for OpenBox.
- sqlite: version bumped to 3.8.7.
- tomcat7-bin: version bumped to 7.0.56.
- lxshortcut: remove it form the moonbase.
- lxsession-edit: remove it from the moonbase.
- Merge branch 'master' of github.com:lunar-linux/moonbase-other
- firefox-bin: version bumped to 33.0.
- seamonkey: Adding %FLASH
- opera: Adding optional_depends for %FLASH
- firefox: Switching to %FLASH and changing default to no for use PGO.