Hello dear community,
as of right now lunar is shipping the latest available glibc with its moonbase. It tooks some time, yet .. we managed to make it count. From now on, glibc comes bundled with a new language choser giving you the opportunity to chose from all currently supported languages including UTF-8 based locales [...]
XOrg has been updated in moonbase to version X11R7.3
Updating from the previous version in moonbase should be handled automatically by lunar update.
However, there are 2 caveats:
If, after updating, your mouse is not working, please recompile xf86-input-mouse via lin xf86-input-mouse. Restart X afterwards. The current NVIDIA driver (100.14.11) [...]
Dear Lunar users,
I'm glad to announce that C++ support has been added to distcc and ccache. This means that you can now benefit from C++ compile results being cached as well as C++ builds being distributed among your machines.
These features can be enabled by running lunar optimize and switching on distcc, ccache [...]
to let you know: For the recent updates to ‘coreutils’ you HAVE TO update your coretools (lunar/theedge) first in order for the update not fail because of chmod and chown being lost in the process.
chown and chmod have recently been added to the so called ‘protected’ list thus they are now preserved [...]
I added a madwifi-svn module to the moonbase. It is going to replace the madwifi-cvs module in a week (means the cvs modules is going to disappear and there’s only going to be the svn module). Also, the stable version of the madwifi wireless driver has been added as well named madwifi. It [...]
I just added a new module to the moonbase called ‘drm-git’. It replaces the obsolete ‘libdrm-cvs’. Both modules have the sole purpose of providing the kernel interface modules for the direct rendering manager X uses to enable your video card’s 3D acceleration. So if you happen to have libdrm-cvs installed its going to [...]
XOrg7 has been updated in moonbase to version X11R7.1.
This version was tested extensively and updating from X11R7 should be a no brainer. (just let lunar update handle it). For updating from X11R6.x series i point you to the forums and the wiki.
When you face problems do not hesistate to file a [...]
I’ve just released the xorg-7.0 tree in the zbeta section of moonbase.
Many of you know Moe and me have been working on this first release for X11R7 for quite a long time.
Before you type in `lin XOrg7`, I’d like to point you to the documentation page in the lunar-linux wiki [...]
just to let you know, I’ve just been taking out enigmail support of the thunderbird module since it doesn’t work anymore. If you wish to use enigmail with thunderbird in the future you will have to install it manually using the packages from http://enigmail.mozdev.org.
We apologize for the inconvenience but there’s [...]
IntroductionWelcome to the official Lunar Linux website! Lunar is a source-based distribution for 32 and 64bit Intel or AMD systems with simple, yet powerful package management and system administration tools. If you want a flexible system built from source that is easy to install and maintain, you should try Lunar!
- Marcus on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Ratler on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- oui on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Unni on Lunar Linux 1.7.0-rc2 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Ratler on Service transition
- Anonymous on Service transition
- Demetri Salamander on About me
- engelsman on Handling renamed modules - An idea
- wdp on Handling renamed modules - An idea
- Striker on Wiki Updated
- ZopeInterface: don't built pth files
- gdal: Adjusting BUILD need --root=/ for the python3 install else lunar fix Python kicks off
- mpg123: version bumped to 1.21.0.
- nfs-utils: version bumped to 1.3.1.
- lxsession: version bumped to 0.5.0.
- zsh: version bumped to 5.0.7.
- mercurial: version bumped to 3.1.2.
- Python-3: version bumped to 3.4.2.
- sudo: version bumped to 1.8.11p1.
- lunar, theedge: version 16