Some might have believed we were down for the count, but on the contrary we have actually been quite busy working on the core of Lunar (and with our lives). Four very long years has passed by since our last release. Yet there have been a few adventurous souls still brave enough to [...]
The Lunar team proudly announce the release of Lunar Linux 1.6.5-rc1 codename ‘Mare Ingenii’!
This project is still alive and we don’t intend to change that!
While news and updates on our main site may have been next to nil we assure you that the wheels have been turning behind the scenes. The [...]
Here is the third Release Candidate for the final 1.6.0-i686 series
Installation ISO. As with rc1 and rc2, this is a testing release and
approaches the quality we are looking for in the -final release. A
lot of small bugs in rc1 and rc2 have been addressed making this an
Here is the second Release Candidate for the final 1.6.0-i686 series ISO. As with rc1, this is a testing release and approaches the quality we are looking for in the -final release. A lot of small bugs in rc1 have been addressed making this an extremely useful release.
Specifically, this release backups all packages to [...]
Here is the first Release Candidate for the final 1.6.0-i686 series ISO. The major changes in this release are that glibc is now nptl-enabled and the SATA install code has been rewritten to discover more discs properly. The release is based on the installer
code of the 1.5.x ISO series but brings you a [...]
Grab it while it’s (really) hot!
The new RC1 ISO of the upcoming 1.5.2 release is now available for download:
out of the blue I’m releasing a new lunar installation ISO RC, named
1.5.1 – “Gallium Arsenide”. Since I’m currently building a i386 version
and the i686 version has not seen extensive testing yet, I am releasing
the current state as RC1.
i686 download (240mb)
i386 download [...]
IntroductionWelcome to the official Lunar Linux website! Lunar is a source-based distribution for 32 and 64bit Intel or AMD systems with simple, yet powerful package management and system administration tools. If you want a flexible system built from source that is easy to install and maintain, you should try Lunar!
- Marcus on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Ratler on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- oui on Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Unni on Lunar Linux 1.7.0-rc2 (i686 & x86_64) ISO’s released
- Ratler on Service transition
- Anonymous on Service transition
- Demetri Salamander on About me
- engelsman on Handling renamed modules - An idea
- wdp on Handling renamed modules - An idea
- Striker on Wiki Updated
- ZopeInterface: don't built pth files
- gdal: Adjusting BUILD need --root=/ for the python3 install else lunar fix Python kicks off
- mpg123: version bumped to 1.21.0.
- nfs-utils: version bumped to 1.3.1.
- lxsession: version bumped to 0.5.0.
- zsh: version bumped to 5.0.7.
- mercurial: version bumped to 3.1.2.
- Python-3: version bumped to 3.4.2.
- sudo: version bumped to 1.8.11p1.
- lunar, theedge: version 16