The Lunar team proudly announce the final release of Lunar Linux 1.6.4 codename ‘Lacus Autumni’!
After almost two years since the last stable release it’s finally here, Lunar Linux 1.6.4. We’ve reached a new milestone, 1.6.4 is our most
polished release to date. Our hope is that everyone will enjoy it as much as we’ve done making it. The effort of improving our installer and iso
will of course continue. Stay tuned next year for some exciting new features that are in store for Lunar!
We would like to wish everyone a happy new year!
- The Lunar team
New features in 1.6.4
- Working software raid configuration
- Improved language selection
- Installation from a USB stick or other media
- Ships with kernel 18.104.22.168!
- ReiserFS, XFS and JFS are now also built-in with the precompiled kernels
Summary of changes since 1.6.4-beta1:
- Isolinux updated
- All modules refreshed
- Kernel bumped to 22.214.171.124
- Installer will now skip the ‘swap file’ step if a swap partition was added
- USB modems in the precompiled kernel have been disabled since they require firmware images that we don’t supply
- Added lsb-release